Our Family

Our Family
DAC Family At Devin & Ashley's wedding Aug 2007

Saturday, February 10, 2007

MAT & CHENAE DUERDEN

Hello family! Well, well, well, what to write. I'm really enjoying this blog thing, so i'm excited to switch over. But in the mean time...here's a little update. We are doing good here in Texas. Last weekend we visited the Allowitz's in Dallas for Kimball's baptism. It was fun to be with them. We also got to go to Kieran and Karigan's basketball games. They've got some skills on the court. Jackson enjoyed playing with his cousins....and Creshel got him to do his second laugh.
Our semester is going ok. Mat is enjoying teaching his Outdoor Leadership class. Infact they are on a backpacking trip tonight, so Jackson and I are on our own (yikes). Mat also has a couple of classes in the late evening, which is pretty lame, but we'll get through it. I've started getting together with a neighbor to watch American Idol on tuesday nights so that we aren't so lonely.
Mat and I are trying to do yoga together a couple of times a week.
Jackson is such a happy boy. Today his did his first big belly laugh. I was taking off his shirt and I thought I was hurting him, until I realized that he was just busting up. It was funny. We feel pretty blessed to have him. He has another cold. I'll attach a picture of what he coughed up on me.
I am enjoying being a mom. Sometimes its overwhelming, but most of the time I completely love it. We have cold and warm days, and force ourselves to get out either way. Somehow I feel super busy all of the time, I seem to always have some project or to do list. But life is good.
We are going to try and use our weekends exploring. We realize that we'll have to go some distance to find cool things....a couple of weeks ago we drove out to a nearby lake, and it wasn't quite what we expected. Next weekend we'll go to Austin. We'll let you know how it goes.
We love you all.

Mat, Chenae, & Jackson

No comments: