Our Family

Our Family
DAC Family At Devin & Ashley's wedding Aug 2007

Sunday, December 27, 2009

Breakfast in Antigua with Masks

Antigua could be one of the best places in the world...and what could be better than early breakfast on the patio, with Clate & Carol Mask, at Don Rodrigos restaurant. See the little lady patting out and cooking tortillas on the grill. We sat there to be warmer. The plates are filled with eggs, refried black beans, and a fried banana, accompanied with a fruit plate. Yum!

Rooftop part of the restaurant, newly added. Beautiful view from here, with those beautiful bouganvillas all around.

One little shoe shiner on each foot.

We did some serious shopping and enjoyed strolling through the central plaza.

Now this is some standard for McDonald's. We enjoyed hot chocolate on the garden patio.

We have thoroughly enjoyed special hours with our old friends, the Mask's. They have shown us some new things in the area, where they both served as missionaries. We wish we had had more time together...but we are enjoying each other before we go.

2 comments:

Karlena said...

I'm jealous. I want to come a play with Clate and Carol.
What a delight!

Mike and Cherie said...

Hi! Sister Christensen, I donated blood at the Valencia building and in walked a friendly fellow that everyone called President. I knew that your brother was in the Stake Presidency and thought to myself, "I'll bet this is Sis. Christensen's brother." Sure enough, it was! So we had a good visit and I told him about our great trip to Guatemala. I can't believe it's been a year.

By the way, my sister and husband returned from there in about May. Everything went well and everyone is delighted to have them back.

I learned from your brother that you are only serving two years there. In fact, you may be home now. When I gave you a copy of the book from Mask tours, I remember you telling me that the Masks are dear friends. How great that you were/are able to spend some time together before you leave. Knowing Pres. Mask's background and love for Guatemala, he must be in absolute heaven! I was excited when I heard he would be temple President.

I grew up in Canyon Country and knew the Garns well. My mom served with Mary Lynn in the RS Presidency. I also learned from your brother that Sister Mask is President Garns' sister. I'm always amazed to find these little fun things.

Are you heading back to Idaho? I'm likely sending my first-born there in September. Jessicah hasn't actually been accepted yet but I'm sure she will be. It would be funny if she had President C as a teacher.

Anyway, I hope you all are well and that 2010 is great for you!

Mike